Mission and Missionary Issues
This page has a series of links to essays regarding mission.
Essays about many other topics can be found from the
Bible Exposition section.
- Antioch - Mission is
Possible A look at the sending of Paul and Barnabus; asking if a similar
approach would work today.
- An Approach to Modern Mission A
simplistic but I believe energizing approach to modern mission based upon an
exposition of the Great Commission of Matthew 28.
- Biblical Mission A comprehensive
survey of mission as carried out in the first century; commencing with Pentecost
and closing at the end of the third missionary journey.
- Motivation an Essay upon the motivation
- Love and Mission for those that base
mission upon the Great Commission; a reminder the Christian service should be
based upon genuine love.
- The Gospel is Sent A look at how the
Biblical language of sending sheds light upon many aspects of Theology including
the nature of God Himself.
- Called to be Sent A detailed look
at the definition of 'apostle' in the hope that an understanding of it would
produce more understanding of what a missionary should be.
- Training to be a Missionary What
is the Biblical pattern for missionary training? Is it the same as we follow
- The Sent Lifestyle This
could perhaps be entitled 'being a missionary' except that it argues that our
understanding of the word 'missionary' is false.
- Biblical Witness The Biblical concept of
witness is examined from three different aspects and it is argued that our
witness should have a threefold nature.
- Evangelism (sic) A look at the
all-to-common word 'evangelism' combined with an argument that the word is
entirely a-biblical and responsible for many of the problems we face whilst
- Church and Mission This paper
asks whether the church is defined by mission or if mission is a role of
- Service or Evangelizing A
look at the contentious question as to whether mission should be service or
- Mission and Healthcare An even
more contentious look into the practice of basing mission upon the provision of
- Worship and Service A Biblical
look at the definition of worship and an argument that the word should not be
constrained to songs of praise (although those are valid of course!)
- Translational Accuracy A look
at the issues of getting an accurate Bible translation in a new language for the
missions field and yet asserting the need for it.