Manners and Customs
The division of the subjects in this section follows "Manners
and Customs of Bible Lands" by Fred Wight.
The material however is a blend of Wight, Easton, ISBE (International
Standard Bible Encyclopedia), Fausset, Hitchcock, Nave, Smith and Torrey.
- Tents A look inside the Tents of the
- One Room Houses The peasant
dwelling of the Israelites
- Houses of More that
One Room Larger houses and palaces
- Food A look at the food of Bible times
- Meal Customs Middle Eastern
behavior at meal times
- Banquets The grand feast of the
- Hospitality A look at the sacred
duty of hospitality
- Daily Life What was a day in the
life of a Jew really like?
- Clothing the attire worn during Bible
- The Family the strength and
nature of relationships in Bible times