If you are interested in eschatology you may also like to check out the
The Tribulation This essay is not devoted
to the book of Revelation but many of the references within it are to this book.
- The Millennium Whilst this essay is not
strictly devoted to the book of Revelation there is an extensive exegesis on the
early verses of Revelation 20.
- Animal Symbolism An extensive essay
covering the context and meaning of every animal simile and metaphor within the
book of Revelation.
- Revelation The author, date and setting of the
book of Revelation.
Revelation 2-3 An overview of the seven churches
of the Revelation.
- Revelation 4-5 An overview of the throne room of
heaven and the taking of the title deeds to the Earth by the lamb of God
- Revelation 6 This essay describes and interprets
the four horses of the apocalypse
- Revelation 7 A treatment of the angels standing
upon the four corners of the earth, the sealing and then the redeemed multitude
of Revelation 7.
- Revelation 8 heralds the trumpet judgments whereby
heaven declares war upon the earth. This essays details some of the imagery and
facts around this key chapter.
- Revelation 9 Despite the devastation of the seven
seals and first six trumpets we are told then men did not repent. This essay
seeks to answer the question of why men chose not to repent.
- Revelation 11 An overview of Revelation 11
focusing upon the identity of the two witnesses
- Revelation 1 - 11 Notes
The notes to a set of slides which are now regrettably lost. An overview and gospel challenge from Revelation 1 to 11.
- Revelation 12 (shorter version) A short essay
tackling the interpretation of Revelation 12. A fuller message on this subject
is available below.
- Revelation 12 The text of a message on
Revelation 12 highlighting the need for the 'seed of the woman' from Genesis 3
and the way that has played out through the history of the Jewish people.
- The Dragon of Revelation 12 & 13 An essay upon
the identity and nature of the dragon of Revelation 12 and 13.
- The Unholy Trinity - Revelation 13
An essay describing the dragon, beast and false prophet from Revelation 13.
Especially looks at the interactions between them and if this constitutes a
- The Two Harvests A brief essay upon the two
harvests of Revelation 14.
- Revelation 14 The text of a message on
Revelation 14. In particular highlighting the two harvests in the latter part
and suggesting identities for the angels and (I believe) correctly tying this
chapter to the parable of the wheat and tares.
- Revelation 15: The temple This essay is
really a summary of the physical Jewish temples and an introduction to the
heavenly temple. It also contains a discussion of the identity of the temple
seen in Ezekiel.
- The Great Harlot of Revelation 17 A
discussion of the identity of the Great Harlot of Revelation 17. Rome, Babylon
and Jerusalem are all considered but the ecumenical movement is settled upon as
the correct identity.
- Armageddon Armageddon discussed as
both a physical place and as a concept. The great end times battle overviewed
and some logistic details discussed
- Incorrigible Sinners A
discussion of Revelation 20; why is Satan released at the end of the 1,000
- Heaven and the New Jerusalem An essay
upon the New Jerusalem the future dwelling place of God; and I suggest a future
dwelling place for us too.